I’m supposed to be writing a research paper on a subject called, “Narratology”. Ever heard of it? I know I’ll feel much better once it’s out of the way, but I just can’t make myself do it, at the moment anyway. Maybe after this post I’ll have a better mindset.
If time is of the essence (which it is concerning the research paper that I’m currently not writing) then the essence of my time these past few months was spent:
- Trying to get smarter. Good food and a view of colorful pastries helps with this, or so I thought it would.
- Attempting to plan a wedding, only it feels as if I’m only talking about planning it and haven’t really planned anything at all. As long as the people I love and care about are there, I will be a happy clam bride.
- Making hoops. Lots of them.
- Falling asleep to Star Trek.
- Visiting ocean side friends.
- Visiting citywide friends.
- Observing that I am surrounded by incredibly intelligent, talented, creative, and loving women. Plus, they’re beautiful and quite lovely to look at, and one of them can make a killer avocado pie. Can you guess which one?
- Trying to get smarter some more. Praying to get smarter too.
- Wondering what the seeds I plant today will grow tomorrow.
- Being thankful for time I get to spend with my family before….
I marry this guy.
What is the essence of your time?